Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect in lessons?
Vocal technique and safe voicing (contemporary, jazz and classical), acting coaching, musicianship, stagecraft, foreign language diction, vocal anatomy. And fun of course!
I don't want to learn opera, is that ok?
Of course! Most of the students in my studio concentrate on contemporary styles (pop, rock, etc). Good technique applies to any genre; we want to use our unique voice in the healthiest and most efficient way possible.
What training do you have?
Good question! I am very passionate about all things singing, and am always looking to expand my knowledge.
I have completed the following:
- Masters of Music Studies (Opera) - Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Bachelor of Music (Classical Voice) - Australian National University
- American Institute of Musical Studies, Graz
- Young Artist Pacific Opera
- Private coaching at Vienna State Opera and Opera Australia
- Estill Voice Training Levels 1 and 2
- Workshops - Vocal Hygiene with Dr Jonathan Livesey (Sydney Conservatorium), Feldenkreis for Singers with Zoran Kovich MSc CFT (Pacific Opera), Feldenkreis for Singers with Cassandra Morrow (ANATS), Accent Breathing Method with Dr Ron Morris (ANATS).
- Masterclasses - Yvonne Kenny AM, Sylvia Greenberg, David Aronson, Linda Watson, Stephen Delaney, Ghillian Sullivan, Deborah Humble, Jacqui Dark, Nicole Dorigo, Greta Bradman.